Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hello and Welcome




I'm excited to be taking this class. Games are something I've always been intrigued by but never dug into with much thought. They've been a big part of my life and I have never had the opportunity to discuss and analyze them in depth.


I'm a big video game aficionado since I can remember., I started out on my siblings' NES and was instantly smitten. I was particularly absorbed by the way games looked. I distinctly recall being fascinated by the worlds in Super Mario Bros. 3, the sprites in Metroid, and even whatever art was pasted on the cartridges. I'd rarely get a chance to play (and when I did I was never any good), but years later I got my very own Playstation.

Now that I could play without any big siblings around, I became less interested in how everything looked and more into all the things I could do. Exploring worlds in Spyro the Dragon, driving through glass windows in Twisted Metal, catching monkeys in Ape Escape were fond experiences that etched themselves into my memory.

As I got older, I was always itching for more. By the time I had played Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes and Resident Evil 4, I had become completely obsessed. I've been a devout follower of Joystiq, Kotaku, and IGN since 2005, always on the lookout for news of sequels and upcoming new titles. As a side effect, I've learned a lot about video gaming history, which is fascinating. I'm eager to expand this knowledge past video games.


No comments:

Post a Comment